What are the differences and simularities with darvocet and darvon?

marjorie zych 2 Jun 2010

Hi Amosp123, Are you new haven't seen your post before? If you are welcome to the site it is usually very helpful to people. For your question: Darvocet contains Tylenol and Darvon contains Aspirin and sometimes depending on if it is Darvon Compound it may contain Caffeine, they both have the same pain killer--- Propoxyphene, they are in the class of non-opioid analgesics. I found out the hardway though they do still show up as opiates in a blood or urine tox screen. But they are listed as non-opioids--go figure. They are pretty much the same thing one just has Tylenol added the other has Aspirin added, depending on which one you can take. Hope this answers your question, please feel free to let me know if it doesn't and I will try again. Hope you enjoy it here as much as I have!!!