Because serious or life-threatening hypoventilation could occur, DURAGESIC (fentanyl transdermal system) is contraindicated:
* in patients who are not opioid-tolerant
* in the management of acute pain or in patients who require opioid analgesia for a short period of time
* in the management of post-operative pain, including use after out-patient or day surgeries, (e.g., tonsillectomies)
* in the management of mild pain
* in the management of intermittent pain (e.g., use on an as needed basis [prn])
* in situations of significant respiratory depression, especially in unmonitored settings where there is a lack of resuscitative equipment
* in patients who have acute or severe bronchial asthma
DURAGESIC(fentanyl transdermal system) is contraindicated in patients who have or are suspected of having paralytic ileus.
DURAGESIC (fentanyl transdermal system) is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to fentanyl or any components of this product.
Hope this helps! I just started Fentanyl today.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 12 Jul 2010 • 2 answers
Posted 17 Apr 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 5 Aug 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 21 Oct 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 17 Mar 2016 • 0 answers