What anti anxiety pill can you take that is not addictive?

Anonymous 22 Jul 2010

As far as I know, there none.
anxiety pills are all mind altering pills and are classed as a addictive drug.

Anonymous 22 Jul 2010

Glad to see ya!

Anonymous 22 Jul 2010

I am not a doctor/psyachiatrist nor pretend to be one at all..OK

Beta Blockers non-addictive anxiety medication, beta blockers treat the physical symptoms of anxiety.

Beta Blockers
These medications are prescribed to patients with social phobias who are greatly affected by the physical symptoms of anxiety. Beta blockers do not treat the emotional symptoms of anxiety, and are prescribed off-label. Generic versions of beta blockers that are given for anxiety are propranolol and atenolol.

Note: Like all medications there are side effects or adveresed reactions.

Talk to your psyachiatrist about possible side effects of the following medications.

Inderal (Propranolol)

Anonymous 22 Jul 2010

my atenelol can be used as anxiety reduction? I take klonopin at the same time with it...

zev51104 31 Jul 2010

My doctor put me on inderol a few week ago and it does absolutely nothing but make me tired all day. Doesn't help me with anxiety or panic attacks. Doctors know best though, which is why I'm so miserable ... right?

Rajive Goel 22 Jul 2010

It is recommended to monitor the drugs that you take, after having it checked on the Interactions Checker:

Applies to: atenolol, Klonopin (clonazepam)

MONITOR: Many psychotherapeutic and CNS-active agents (e.g., anxiolytics, sedatives, hypnotics, antidepressants, antipsychotics, opioids, alcohol, muscle relaxants) exhibit hypotensive effects, especially during initiation of therapy and dose escalation. Coadministration with antihypertensive agents, in particular vasodilators and alpha-blockers, may result in additive effects on blood pressure and orthostasis.

MANAGEMENT: Caution is advised during coadministration of these agents. Close monitoring for development of hypotension is recommended. Patients should be advised to avoid rising abruptly from a sitting or recumbent position and to notify their physician if they experience dizziness, lightheadedness, syncope, orthostasis, or tachycardia.
Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with

Anonymous 22 Jul 2010

Not intending to be mean , but we are talking to people not experts. A lot of this information is over kill.
Way to much information

Rajive Goel 23 Jul 2010

No offence taken, but it certainly gives a little inside into the med, hopefully?

Anonymous 23 Jul 2010

You can become addicted to any kind of pill if its not taken right even if its not a narcotic.