Wellbutrin XL - anyone pregnant on this medicine? if so how has it helped?

chuck1957 15 May 2014

krbella'' first and most importaint does your doctor know you have become Pregnant that is where to start and find out if you should continue to take it she/he well tell you what to do from there everyone is different and you do not want to go off someone else experence or put any risk for your child..Congraduations..please call your doctor today..Chuck1957 medically retired Pharmacy Techniecian Cpht. oregon

chuck1957 15 May 2014

FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether Wellbutrin will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.

See also: Pregnancy and breastfeeding warnings (in more detail) This is what the company that makes it say so please check with you doctor..the sooner the better..Chuck 1957 again

krbella 15 May 2014

Thank you for responding, my O.B is the one that put me on them, I have been fighting depression one and a half months into my pregnancy I am almost 6 months now, & I've been trying therapy, counseling everything other than meds,we planned the pregnancy ,just like my 2 1/2 year old, and was fine during that pregnancy, happy no issues, I have never had to be prescribe medicine like this ever, so it is very scary for me,for my unborn child. I have 150mg xl- 1x daily. I have not started them yet! Very apprehensive about it, specially feeling my baby kicking inside of me!

chuck1957 15 May 2014

Well your Ob should know.and has probllly use it before also you are past the most importaint time as far as trimesters that cause problems.I am almost positive my sil took this and sleeping pills from her ob when she was having a tough time and he is 15 now and normal boy see what your pharmacist.says but i am as sure as i can be that it is safe at this point in your trimesters good luck and congraduations chuck1957

Just so you know the facts... Wellbutrin has NOT been determined to be safe for a developing fetus. It does cross the placenta.