I want to wean off the Butrans 10mcg after only 1 week + 2 days. How do I go about this?

sara12345 21 May 2017

I asked a pain management doctor how to reduce the 15 mcg that I have been on for years. He said to just not put on 5 mcg at a time for a week. In your case, I don't know why you don't contact the doctor that prescribed it for you and ask them. The doctor might tell you to just stop it altogether since you have not been wearing it for long at all. Or ask the pharmacist. Why was Butrans prescribed for you and why do you want to get off of it? If you really need the pain relief and are having a problem with the patch, feel free to discuss that. I had a major problem at one point, which a 3rd doctor was able to solve. I wish you the best since you must have some pain issue. Good luck.