1. Is your pdoc helping you with this?
2. If not, you have to have their support to do it correctly.
3. Step-down no less than three months at a time.
4. Prepare for a longer period of time than you probably want.
That being said, step-down to 40 mg, 20 mg. for three months.
I promise, the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train.
I have just come off of Cymbalta this week. And am on Effexor* for the duration until I am off of Pristiq.
The first day of Effexor, before I realized what came out of my mouth I said, 'I feel great!'.
Be ultra patient with yourself. No wild ideas - that is not an option!
Understand what I'm saying here?
♡Patience♡ is the key to the success of your d/cing Cymbalta.
*Effexor is as well, however at a low dose of 75 mg. effexor works as an SSRI.
I can't say this enough: never let yourself be put on an SNRI. They are the devil to d/c.
If you want copy and paste this into a memo. If you get frustrated because of progress, read it again.
Hope this helps!
♡Remember that the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train ♡
- Cymbalta Information for Consumers
- Cymbalta Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Cymbalta (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Depression - I'm on cymbalta 60mg and have been taking it for a year and a half. For a long time now
Posted 28 Jan 2013 • 3 answers
Posted 2 May 2013 • 3 answers
I TAKE. CYMBALTA 60mg FOR DEPRESSION ONCE A DAY AT BED TIME COULD THIS BE THE REASON I AM SO SLEEPY?
Posted 5 Mar 2014 • 2 answers
Posted 5 Nov 2015 • 7 answers
Posted 26 Jul 2017 • 2 answers