Hi All, as some of you kow I have been in and out of hospital trying to get people and Dr's to hear me in the hope of just getting some relief from the daily agony of my migraines.
For some time my Neurologist helped me treat my migraine, as an inpatient. I am so sensitive to the DHE treatment that gives me little relief, and has taken a long time to come up with the treatment that has given me some help to cope.

This treatment starts with Kytril then Phenergan then the DHE, and it took us a lot of trial and errors to get to this point. So to get this treatment and have the least or no side affects, which for me was nausea, soreness of my skin. it felt like a bad sun burn where someone would touch you and it would sting like mad. But when I was admitted into the hospital we would put these medications in as much fluid to dilute them as much as possible and to give me them one by one and for as slowly as possible, and it worked in the way that no more was I squirming around because of the painful side affects.

I had the DHE treatment this way up until Feb 2013, because I wanted to try a place in Chicago where lots of people travel many miles to seek treatment that possibly have not tried before, and could do it in a hospital setting. The place is called The Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago, I arrived in this place 2 weeks ago because after having my first appointment with the Dr she admitted me into the clinic right away. To cut this down a bit because I am getting tired, today we had a break through with a medication I have been saying no to since the first week and is called Magnesium Sulfate, given by IV every 8 hrs, because this causes you to go to the bathroom a lot, and was not good for a person who gets C-Diff and who tested positive in this first week here. But yesterday the Dr talked me into trying it, my headaches would be from anything from 6-10 out of 10.
Today I went down to a 5 and I know it doesn't seem very much , but to some one like myself it is a step in the right direction, and was a big step in to recovery, and hope that it might go down a bit more. The Dr I have Dr Diamond who is the daughter of this place.
I hope this message gives some hope to you and feel free to ask questions and I will try to help answer them as much as I can. Take care, Liz.