I'm not much of an internet person nor a blogger and even though I did not go through the rapid opiate detox like the rest of the people at Domus Retreat I still felt as though I had to write about my experience during my stay. The Waismann Method has been the most positive experience/thing I have had in my life in a long time. The support and encouragement I got from each individual was simply unreal. I'm so thankful to everyone who helped me help myself - towards getting my life back and now living it happily sober.

From the moment I stepped foot into their care not once did I feel like a stranger nor disrespected or looked down upon. I was treated with dignity and respect! From the moment I started the program to the moment I left I felt like I was part of a family and a passionate one - at that. The staff, the doctors, therapists, meditation, the activities; yoga, massage, etc. were all amazing. The facility itself was above and beyond my every expectation.

I learned how to live my life through every experience and every tool I was given during my stay. I may have not gone through the opiate detox but I saw what some of my housemates went through. Speaking to them, getting to know them each individually, becoming friends with them, made me realize that the Waismann Method didn't only save my life and give me a new beginning but also saved every person who decided/decides to go through with the detox. From my understanding, the withdrawals of opiates are horrifying and super scary... The fact that my housemates were under anesthesia and were not able to feel the withdrawals and come out looking and feeling the way they did when I met them at Domus Retreat simply baffles me. I can't even imagine how people would detox from opiates without being asleep during the withdrawal process. One of my housemates was even up and running on a treadmill the morning after he underwent the treatment. It was amazing to see a person go through such a transformation in such a short period of time. Each individual is unique in their own way, which is why this program is altered to each individual rather than the same old thing.

If you're anything like me and need a safe sober living facility or needing to go through with the rapid detox, like the few people I met during my stay at Domus, I seriously recommend this program to you. I recommend this program to anyone out there who is struggling with addiction. This method doesn't take you off of one drug and put you on another-it gives you back your life WITHOUT having to take any more drugs. And for that - I'm so grateful that I came across this program, after all, it saved my life and I'm sure it can definitely save yours too. Don't waste another minute doubting this-get the help you need, the help you deserve, pick-up the phone and make that call - trust me you won't regret it! I'm forever thankful!