... having problems staying awake while on the medication. He was sleeping all day on an extremely low dose. The doctor changed him to Adderall 5mg it seems to be causing similar, but not as a severe effects. I think we need to change from this family of drugs, back to more of the methylphenidate.

Focalin XR was working on focus however we had difficulty getting the dose right, 5mg was too little and 10mg made him agressive, angry, and zombie like but he could focus he also acted like a spring wound too tight when it wore off in the evening. I think how he was metabolizing it effected it too. I wonder if a short lasting dose given multiple times through the day of focalin or other medication in this family (ritalin, daytrana etc... )would work better? We did the focalin for about 5 months and did not have the sleepy problem. We did 1 week on the vyvanse and have done about 1 week on the adderall. I hated seeing him mean and like a zombie, but at least he was awake...