The answer is YES. However, it is only reported from approximately 1.8% of people whom have experienced such withdrawal symptoms via the use of Vistaril and other antihistamines while on opioid treatment. Of those, 99% of them have a high metabolism to which may contribute this unusual phenomina. Cheers!
Can Vistaril cause withdrawal symptoms?
- 13 Jan 2013 by Shadow Doubt
- 16 Jan 2013
- vistaril, anxiety, pain, sedation, nausea/vomiting, withdrawal, opioid, antihistamine
Added 13 Jan 2013:
In addition, this phenomena occurs approximately 4 times for women than it does for men...
- Vistaril Information for Consumers
- Vistaril Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Vistaril (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 27 Feb 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 4 Jun 2010 • 5 answers
Opiate Withdrawal - Does anyone have unexpained pains and symptoms months after quitting oxycontin,?
Posted 11 Mar 2011 • 4 answers
Posted 6 Feb 2013 • 3 answers
Posted 9 Nov 2015 • 3 answers