The answer is YES. However, it is only reported from approximately 1.8% of people whom have experienced such withdrawal symptoms via the use of Vistaril and other antihistamines while on opioid treatment. Of those, 99% of them have a high metabolism to which may contribute this unusual phenomina. Cheers!
Can Vistaril cause withdrawal symptoms?
- 13 Jan 2013 by Shadow Doubt
- 16 January 2013
- vistaril, anxiety, pain, sedation, nausea/vomiting, withdrawal, opioid, antihistamine
Added 13 Jan 2013:
In addition, this phenomena occurs approximately 4 times for women than it does for men...
Hello Shadow Doubt. Thank you for the interesting read. Much appreciated. I'll make a copy for my notes. Have a great day, regards pledge
- Vistaril Information for Consumers
- Vistaril Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Vistaril (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Updated 29 Aug 2017 • 5 answers
Opiate Withdrawal - Does anyone have unexpained pains and symptoms months after quitting oxycontin,?
Updated 11 Aug 2017 • 4 answers
Updated 6 Feb 2013 • 3 answers
Updated 30 Nov 2014 • 2 answers
Updated 9 Nov 2015 • 3 answers