Can I take Viibryd if I am allergic to asprin? Does it have any of the ingredients of asprin in it?

RonMan 16 Jul 2013

You should not have any problems. For the most definitive answer ask a pharmacist.

RonMan

hkparmar7 16 Jul 2013

when u have allergy u r consult with pharmacist or any physicians.

kaismama 16 Jul 2013

You need to make your pharmacist aware of any allergies, then they will watch for something that you would react too. There is no aspirin in viibryd.

4N Substances 16 Jul 2013

Hi Lingaith,
I'm sure you have made both your Dr and your pharmacist aware of your aspirin allergy. With the technology today, pharmacists have amazing cross referencing capabilities and can immediately alert you. Viibryd is a medication for depression and does not have any pain killing properties, and does not include aspirin. This has been mentioned by the two group members above, who stated that your pharmacist is the person to ask about any potentially life threatening allergic reactions. Please let us know how you do on Viibryd!
4N Substances

Lingailth 16 Jul 2013

Thank you for the responses. I did check with my pharmacist and he said it was safe to take with the aspirin allergy. So, I am going to give it a try.