Victoza - Will the hives at the injection site go away?

Anonymous 7 Jul 2012

Hello vctx2. I am not a doctor. I suggest you ask your doctor, it might be that you are having an allergic reaction (guess on my behalf) Regards and hope you get to feeling better, pledge

Anonymous 7 Jul 2012

Welcome to the site vctx2. If you actually have hives, victoza is giving you an allergic reaction, & you should discuss this with your doctor as soon as possible. Are you sure it's hives & not a skin rash? I am going to give you a link to read about the possible side effects, but DO NOT stop your medication until you have spoken with a doctor. Don't want your glucose to skyrocket. A skin rash around the injection site is a less serious side effect , but still a side effect, and you never know when it could become more serious like swelling in your throat causing you to stop breathing. Please read the link below & talk to your doctor ASAP...
https://www.drugs.com/victoza.html

Anonymous 7 Jul 2012

Also, you shouldn't be injecting in the same exact spot everyday either. Your doctor or PA should have shown you how to use the pen... Mary