What Victorian Australian law is being broken if I give my prescribed drugs to someone else?

chuck1957 28 Mar 2017

Mowrie; it is an FDA LAW OR MEDICAL BOARD IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO BARTER, SELL, LOAN, GIVE AND LEGEND MEANING PRESCRIPTION DRUG TO ANY PERSON THAT IT IS NOT PRESCRIBED TO OR FOR. DO NOT GIVE ANY TO ANYONE. chuck1957

Stephen Treloar 28 Mar 2017

Being from Melbourne originally I can tell you that all Australian agencies comply to a standard. Handing over prescription medication is classed as "trafficking", even if no money is involved. You cannot talk to your doctor about this if you have done it.

chuck1957 28 Mar 2017

Great Steve, and thanks, this is what I was coming across with and in almost any country it is also known as DIVERSION OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS. SO NO MATTER HOW YOU SAY IT IF YOU DO IT THEY WELL GET YOU. chuck1957

Mariposa0620 29 Mar 2017

I do not know the laws of other countries but in the U.S. it is very clear... DON'T DO IT!!! You can go to jail if you give it or sell it to anyone, and even if they are prescribed the same medication. It is not only unlawful it is unethical. For instance if you give or sell to someone and they have a bad reaction or death occurs, not only will you have to live with that but you could also be brought up on charges, sued, etc...
The best course of action is please just don't do it.