Vicodin - Hi. I am new to all this and I have gone through many different topics trying to find the right answer for me with no luck yet.
So here is the story and problem I'm looking for an answer to.
I have been taking lortab for the last 3 or so years. The pain started when I was young and had a bad biking accident. I started with 4 a day and has doubled since then. When I run out of my script I am able to get the regular vic 5/500 and take 2 of those at a time. The time has come for me to try and taper off these things because they are ruining me. When I am taking the regular vic I usually take about 16 a day. I have already dropped that down to half but its not working like I've read on other peoples posts here. I'm pretty much looking for someone to maybe help me with the right way to taper off without crazy withdraw. As of right now I can't sleep or hardly eat and I wanted to just stop cold turkey but I'm unable to take any time off of work without possibly losing my job. I am trying so hard at this and reading through everyone's posts that have gotten off these has really helped me realize that it can be done so I appreciate everyone that has posted all the positive things and experiences because they are pretty much what made me make the decision to get off these or at the least get down to my regular dosage for the actual pain I have.

I thank you in advance for any help you could give me