Can we use viagra in treatmeant of pulmonary hypertension why?

Anonymous 27 Mar 2012

Hello wd bakheet. I'm not a medical student, or doctor, but why would a person want to use it possibly to treat high blood pressure, when if I'm not mistaken, when it comes to blood pressure issues, I thought it was not recommened to take a drug such as Viagra. Or perhaps I'm not understanding the question, the way its meant? Regards, pledge

Anonymous 27 Mar 2012

I tend to agree with Pledge on this one. My brother needs Viagra, & can't take it because of high blood pressure, & congestive heart failure. Doesn't make sense to me either... Mary

Anonymous 8 Jul 2012

Pulmonary hypertension: Viagra is now marketed under the name Revatio for this uncommon but serious disorder of high pressure in the blood vessels leading to the lungs.

The three ED medications currently on the market—Viagra, Levitra, and Cialis—all work by the same means, and they have similar side effects. The most common are headaches and facial flushing, which occur in 15% of men. Other reactions include nasal congestion, indigestion, and back pain. These side effects are mild and temporary. The most important worry about ED pills is their ability to widen arteries enough to lower blood pressure. And men who are taking nitrates should never use any of the ED pills.

Anonymous 8 Jul 2012

Anonymous 8 Jul 2012

Appreciate your input to the above question. Have a great Sunday.