I'm very overweight and very overwhelmed I've started taking orilstat but still can't help eating?

hopin32 16 Aug 2015

Are you taking it with high fat meals?

belle1608 16 Aug 2015

I'm taking it with every meal not all are high fat but I'm still eating crisps and chocolate in between meals

belle1608 17 Aug 2015

I'm just so desperate at the moment I feel like I'm in a vicious circle I eat because im depressed and I'm depressed because i eat

BzMamaof2 20 Sep 2015

Orlistat is not a medication that will provide appetite suppression. It's main mechanism of action is reducing fat abortion in the GI tract. It is used in conjunction with diet and exercise for weight reduction.

From the sounds of it, it kinda sounds like you are an emotional eater. Don't get me wrong, I'm no doctor. Have you actually talked to your doctor though about weight loss? My doctor set me up with prescription diet pills that helped me lose 40lb a few years ago. No it wasn't an easy road, I had to relearn how to eat which meant learning what was good, fair and bad and the biggest thing for me was when to eat. For me, that also meant learning to eat when I was hungry instead of eating because I was stressed, happy, angry, upset, bored etc etc. It was hard because me brain would tell me I was hungry just because someone offered me something or if it was there. I also had to learn to tolerate exercise. It was slow in the beginning but it is possible.I couldn't walk very far without feeling out of breath and tired or like I was about to die. I took it very slow but each day I did just a little bit more than the day before even if it was just a minute longer walking. One big thing I learned was that it is ok to fall off the wagon every now and then. I learned that once I fell off, I had to make a conscious effort to not that one slip up mess me permanently. I learned that as soon as I fell off my wagon, I just had to pick myself up and make a better choice for my next meal. Celebrate the small victories you achieve, not with food but with something else like buying yourself a pretty new lipstick or something, it doesn't have to be expensive or even just allowing yourself 30 minutes extra of you time. There is a lot I discovered on my own journey and I am still learning. Sometimes, that first step is admitting you need more than than you can give yourself and speaking with you doctor.

There is hope for us big girls. Keep your head up and don't give up. Failure only comes when you fail to keep trying.