I have been taking Venlafaxine Effexor XR 3x75mg daily for 4 years.
Before that Paxil for about 10 years for depression and anxiety.
I came off Paxil over a couple of months and crumpled into a heap of anxiety. It was so bad I couldn't get out of bed I don't think I have suffered so much as that time in my life.
I tried to get back on Paxil but it didn't work the doctor switched from drug to drug without success until I went on Venlafaxine Effexor XR and it worked!!! But and why does there always have to be a BUT... I have been getting very very irritable unreasonable irrational. I have tried to control it but I don't feel I am winning.
Other hard to deal with side affects...
Excessive sweating from my head I love garden and the sweat just pores out of my head.
Vivid dreaming all night every night.
Numb a weard mental numbness.
Unsociable don't want to go out and I have decided I don't like people, they alway seem to make me feel bad.
Fits of energy then no energy at all.
I'm 61 now so is all this just my age... Confused.

So I went to the doctor and told him all this and he wanted to give me more meds that are for epilepsy but stabilise mood.
I went home looked up the side affects and rang him to say no way. I would rather try and reduce the Effexor to see if that helps with the side effects.
He said to reduce by 75mg for 1 month I have done that and now ready to reduce by another 75mg for the last few days I have been getting anxiety it's been 5 weeks since I started to reduce is it normal to feel anxiety now?
I can live with it if I can only see light at the end of the tunnel .
My husband and I don't work now so there is no pressure on me at all while I am trying to do this.
Any support greatly appreciated thanks