Venlafaxine - On bad days can I increase dosage from one 37.5 capsule to 2?

WildcatVet 19 Oct 2017

Hi, chris! Antidepressants/anxiolytics must be taken over a period of time to reach steady state therapeutic levels. You're on a very low dose so if you're having too many *bad* days you might discuss a dosage increase with your doctor.
Best regards, Wildcat

Lynn 351 19 Oct 2017

How long have you been on 37.5? I have been on that dosage for 3 weeks for anxiety/depression. I had a few good days this week but today the anxiety is back pretty bad. I didn’t have to take any Klonopin for a few days I am very sensitives to drugs and scared of an increase but I think I must bite the bullet and go up to the normal starting dose of 75mg. I see my doctor next Tuesday. I guess it’s up and down for 6 to 8 weeks. Let me know what you decide. Your the only other person I know on such a low dose.

Gile4551 30 Oct 2017

I just started my 37.5 today. My depression and anxiety stem a lot from drinking too much. Has anyone drank on venlafaxine? Not planning on it and hoping it will help get me off alcohol

Lynn 351 31 Oct 2017

I have been on the drug for 5 weeks now. I wouldn’t drink on it Giles. You need to see how it effects you. I take Klonopin when the anxiety gets too much. I was on 37.5 for a month and I have been on 75 for a week. I am getting better but it is very gradual.