Half a year ago I started getting dizzy, light headed and weak all the time. After a while, I was misdiagnosed with Neurocardiogenic Syncope (aka Dysautonomia). My cardiologist said I had nothing to worry about, but I insisted that I wasn't faking the symptoms, so he put me on Pindolol, 5 mg daily.
As I saw it was not working, I went to see a neurologist. Turned out I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and that my dizziness and weakness were actually kind of auras. She put me on Oxcarbazepine (Trileptal) 600 mg/day but it only made me feel worse, so now I'm taking 400 mg of Valproic Acid and waiting to see how it works for me. As all these meds make me so tired and weak, I am no longer able to do any kind of exercise. Plus, it's holidays and there's a bunch of food everywhere, although I haven't overate that much.
Even though I've tried to control my portions I've gained 5 kg in just 3 weeks. Sounds almost ridiculous! Could it be a side effect of these meds?

... almost forgot, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a couple of months ago but it hadn't make me gain that much weight ever before. And, last of all but not less important, I also suffer from amenorrhea.