Let me start by posting a bit of medical history. I am undergoing a class 1 aviation medical and the ecg discovered something abnormal with my heart (sinus bradycardia with a resting heart rate of 58bpm, early repolorization) and I've been referred to a cardiologist for further testing.

Anyway, me forgetting I have horrible anxiety when it comes to medical problems have been panicking for quite a while about this issue and probably will continue until my cardiologist date next week. I seen my GP about the anxiety because it was keeping me awake at night and he prescribed me diazepam.

As I sit here typing this its 5:10am, the first night I had taken the valium. The doc prescribed me to take it half an hour before bed as night time when I'm laying in bed is mostly when I have anxiety about my heart. So I took the valium at 11pm, went to bed at 11.30pm and woke up at 3.40am feeling nauseas and wide awake. I thought valium was supposed to assist in sleeping? Any ideas?