Lots of pain, can't straighten leg.
Please explain. Tylenol doesn't help.
There are so many questions that to get a good response would be to go to the doctor ASAP. Be prepared for the doctor to ask questions like :
- Did you injury yourself?
- Were you doing anything differently the week before the pain started?
- Do you have any other symptoms like a fever?
- Do you go to a gym and perhaps pulled a muscle?
- Have you ever had anything like this before?
- Besides the Tylenol, have you used Ice or heat and elevation of the leg?
- Is the pain interfering with your sleep?
- Do you have back trouble or pain? Back pain can cause nerve involvement by putting pressure on the nerve.
It sounds like it's musculoskeletal-skeletol and will probably be nothing. However, when pain is involved the sooner it clears up the better the prognosis.
You should try an anti-inflammatory like Aleve.
If it's been more than a week, I would try heat to the area. If it makes it worse, try ice 4 x a day for 20min.
BUT call your doctor ASAP and get in!
If there are no openings then an Urgent Care or ER would be appropriate..
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 17 Aug 2012 • 2 answers
Posted 24 Nov 2012 • 2 answers
Posted 2 Jul 2016 • 0 answers
Posted 25 Aug 2016 • 1 answer
Posted 10 Feb 2017 • 1 answer