Why is turmeric suddenly the supplemental choice craze? Why would I take it?

Stephen Treloar 13 Aug 2017

A good question! It is a member of the Ginger family and supposedly has stomach soothing and digestive qualities amongst other claims. Indians eat it by the pound in cooking and they don't strike me as being any healthier than I am. It does, however, give rice a nice yellow color and is a nice ingredient to cook with. :-)

Drugs.com actually has a more comprehensive 'readme' that provides far more information: https://www.drugs.com/npc/turmeric.html

Windchimes123 13 Aug 2017

Hi Tuzzi,
Turmeric is a natural inflammatory. Pain control without medication is very popular right now.
I hope this helps
:-)

Stephen Treloar 13 Aug 2017

Another symptom of the war on drugs gone haywire? I use Turmeric all the time in cooking but that is because I'm an accidental vegetarian. I've heard of a number of claims but sadly clinical evidence is sparse. I have found by accident an herb that had a measurable improvement on my liver function so I am not a skeptic by any means.