Can I use Triclosan for a vaginal prep for a patient who is allergic to betadine?

DzooBaby 23 Jan 2013

Here is what I found: Vaginal Incisions

Povidone-iodine surgical preparation is the most commonly employed method in surgical procedures that require a vaginal scrub. Alternatively, there has been some indication that a 4% aqueous CHG solution may also be appropriate. One randomized trial demonstrated that 4% aqueous CHG is more effective than povidone-iodine in decreasing the bacterial colony counts that were found in the operative field for vaginal hysterectomy. 9 Physicians and other operating room personnel are often reluctant to use CHG inside the vagina, due to the fact that CHG is not appropriate for mucosal surfaces. However, despite common use of the term "vaginal mucosa," the vagina is lined by an epithelial surface. As such, prepping this surface with CHG is appropriate.

I have also found that some prefer the use of PCMX (Para Chloro Meta Xylenol) or Chloroxylenol for vaginal scrubs in women allergic to iodine.
I reviewed nothing that mentions the use of Triclosan.