I want to get pregnant. I take metformin at 1000mgs daily. It does not work for me. I want to produce a cycle. I was prescribed Tri Lo Sprintec birth control. Can I induce a menstral cycle by taking the placebo pills? If so, usually how long does it take? Thank you :)
Tri-Sprintec - Hello! I have a question for you. I am 34 years old. I have PCOS.
- 15 days ago by linksys2000
- 8 October 2018 (14 days ago)
- sprintec, tri-sprintec, birth control, polycystic ovary syndrome, metformin, pregnancy, tri-lo-sprintec, prescription, placebo, cycle
The placebo pills don’t have anything in them, so they aren’t going to produce a cycle. You take those during the week of your period so that you don’t forget about taking the pills. I’ve taken fertility medication, and my doc gave me a one week dosage of something that kicked my period on (it was BC but I can’t remember the name). I then followed by starting the fertility medication Fermara. Have you talked to your doc about ovulation? Just because you have a period doesn’t mean you ovulated with PCOS.
- Sprintec Drug Information
- Tri-Sprintec Drug Information
- Metformin Drug Information
- Tri-Lo-Sprintec Drug Information
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
My daughter has been on sprintec for about a year. she takes this due to her having PCOS..this past?
Posted 3 Nov 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 30 Apr 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 28 Jul 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 1 Jan 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 7 Feb 2015 • 1 answer