What treatments do others use to stop their pains & where do others have pains ??

zarak1 3 May 2014

soory but please u shld elaborate ur answer so we people should know abt which pain ur takling dear ,,, by the way normal pain people generaly use iburofen,,,

Emeraldgirl 3 May 2014

Hello brendi and a warm welcome to DC – I note that you have joined the Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) support group so I assuming that this is the pain that you are referring to and that you have been diagnosed with this condition. I have CMP and Fibromyalgia (FM). The main component of CMP are Trigger Points (TrPs) nodules of tissue that form in muscle, tendons, ligaments, fascia (the lining that covers all muscles) and the skin. These nodules cause the muscle etc to contract when this happens it causes pain. Also a nerve can get caught up in the contraction and blood vessels too (very painful indeed!). The first line treatment is to be on a good Muscle Relaxant (MR), because if you can relax the muscle then it will ease or eradicate the pain. The best MR is Valium (diazepam) however most Dr will not prescribe this as it is considered to be addictive, which is a shame as it was the drug that kept we going over this period of time.

kaismama 3 May 2014

You said it all eg, I'll just second it. lol

mrhogansr 7 May 2014

Well I take it from ur question may I add I have pain in my lower lumbar region from T1 to S1to L5 bulging disc spinal stenosis the pain doc said my MRI showed that my spine at the lowest region is pushed forward causing a pinching effect on the sciatic nerve also I have type 2 diabetes doctor started me on Lyrica 75 mg I've been taking Gabbapintin 3200 mg daily for 3 years also took hydrocodone 10/325 for 2 years switched to Oxycodone 10/325 for 6 months now taking Morphine sulfate 60mg ER twice daily along with a muscel relaxer called Lorzone 500 mg 3 x daily .Also being treated for Anxiety taking Cymbalta 60 mg 2 x daily generic form duloxitine . Its all working so far last night was first time for Lyrica told to take it at night it was wonderful not waking with my hands tingling and legs and feet hurting the gabbapintin started out working really good for this when I first started on it three years ago and its about time to increase it again I've had 4 epidural injections too only one seemed to work. Hope this helps you my friend.