If the erythromycin overdose was recent and was taken by mouth, a doc may "pump the stomach" or give certain medications to absorb the medication in the digestive tract, although this is not always recommended.
Treatment also involves supportive and symptomatic care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. Dialysis is not useful for removing erythromycin from the bloodstream.
Please do talk to a doc/pharmacist right way in case of Erythromycin over dose.
Take care, best wishes!
- Erythromycin Information for Consumers
- Erythromycin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Erythromycin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 4 Dec 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 2 Mar 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 8 Nov 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 2 Mar 2012 • 1 answer
Posted 13 Aug 2012 • 1 answer