Skip to Content

Let me know treatment of erectile dysfunction for a 55 years old patient of angina?

Responses (2)

Emeraldgirl 1 Apr 2014

Hello - Firstly it is important that a Health Care Professional (HP) diagnoses Erectile Dysfunction (ED) so that the cause can be identified. I say this as you are asking about treatment and a HP would tell you what the best treatment is in your case. ED can usually be diagnosed by your GP. This will involve answering questions about your symptoms, as well as a physical examination and some simple tests. ED is primarily treated by tackling the cause of the problem, whether this is physical or psychological. If your ED is caused by an underlying health condition, such as heart condition this may need treating first before treatment for ED can begin. In some cases, treating the underlying cause may also resolve the problem of ED. If you are taking a medication that can cause ED and there is an alternative medicine, your GP will discuss this with you. Common treatment options include Viagra (however you cannot take this because of your angina), vacuum pumps that encourage blood to flow to the penis, Lifestyle changes such as losing weight. Psychological treatments include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and sex therapy – wishing you the best, take care.

kaismama 1 Apr 2014

EG is right, you have to see a dr. If you're on nitrates, like isosorbide or nitrogylcerin you can't take things like cialis or viagra. free discount card

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions