Is Trazodone ever prescribed for pain?

kaismama 6 Dec 2014

Not as a pain medication, meaning if you have pain you take one. It is used in chronic pain because its found that antidepressants helps decrease chronic pain.

pamee 6 Dec 2014

Kaismama is correct about pain and antidepressants. However, I take trazodone for sleep and it has never helped my pain. Trazodone is also suppose to help with anxiety.

kaismama 6 Dec 2014

I'm not convinced that any of the antidepressants do more then make us able to deal with the pain, lolol.

pamee 6 Dec 2014

That's true, I even talked to my psyc dr about it and she explained to me how it works, and its exactly what you said. It does nothing to the actual pain. My neurologist so upsets me as he goes down the list of antidepressants for me to take for neuropathy.. I should tell him to talk to my psyc lol

balbanese 7 Dec 2014

It's isn't designed for that, but that doesn't mean a Dr won't prescribe it in tandem with something that is.