Travatan Z - where can I find an inexpensive price for this prescription?

paddyanne47 2 Jun 2011

Latanaprost is the generic for travatan z..is much cheaper. talk to your eye doctor or pharmicist about it. paddyanne47

misterflow 22 Jul 2011

Travatan, without the Z, is the original drug, and just has a preservative in it, and that's the only difference in the two. Get Travatan at CanadaDrugs.com for about $40. - roughly 50% of what it costs in the States. Not going generic til at least Aug of 2013 .

Jerecon 27 Feb 2012

I have information that Travatan is currently set to expire in August 2013.

debf51 18 Oct 2013

That is my question also.

AnnetteD 27 May 2017

If you're in Canada, you should go to the InnoviCares.ca website. You can get a free card from them that covers a whole range of prescription drugs. Travatan Z is included. ODB use to cover it but quit when a generic came out and only paid for the generic instead. Once that happened, it was costing me $75 per bottle. With the InnoviCares cared, it was reduced to $26. Lately it's been free because my pharmacist told me that Arcon, the maker, is covering the remaining amount. So it's well worth looking into. The company is in Halifax, I'm in Southern Ontario. I ordered the card on Thursday and it was in my mailbox the following Tuesday. But I don't know how much it would be if you're not a senior like I am.