Is Tramadol safe pre-operatively?

Delila 28 Jan 2014

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding... I can't really give you a simple response, because there need to be more details in your question... what are you taking Tramadol for (if they are already prescribed)? What operation are you planned for? when is the planned date??? Get back to us with more information : )

Kishan Vasekar 28 Jan 2014

Tramadol is powerful pain releiver and is habit forming.Here is my take-
1.Depending upon the type of operation and surgery , let Doctors decide .
2.In case you have taken this medicine earlier and stopped it , then you will have no problem in taking before operation.
3.If taken for more than 2/3 months , Tramadol definitely causes few side effects and sometimes severe withdrawl symptoms.So Be careful.
4.The dosage recommended are higher side and I would suggest start with smaller dose and visualize it is working.My experience has taught that medicines if taken with positive state of mind , work better .
5.I would urge all to Pray , Meditate before operation and all the time and I assure you Divine help will come .I have experienced this and survived severe heart attack and 40 days in ER.God Bless Thanks