Skip to Content

Is tramadol a narcotic in michigan?

Responses (2)

masso 5 Oct 2013

Tramadol is a narcotic-like pain reliever.

Tramadol is not a federally controlled substance in the United States; however, Arkansas, Kentucky, Illinois, Mississippi, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wyoming and the U.S. military have classified Tramadol as a schedule IV controlled substance under state law.

Schedule 4

The drug has a low potential for abuse relative to the drugs in schedule 3 The drug has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States. Abuse of the drug may lead to limited physical dependence or psychological dependence relative to the drugs in schedule 3.

MacIntosh12 5 Oct 2013

Masso is right on the money with his educated answer.
However, I'd like to add that Tramadol is very addictive, just as any narcotic or narcotic-like medication. It can be dangerous if abused, seizures are a possibility. It is widely prescribed, but doctors are now learning about it's addictiveness by their patients.
I've been a member on this board for over four years, as has masso, and I've seen so many people complaining of Tramadol withdrawal. Do take care when using this medication and do not stop it abruptly IF you've been taking it for an extended period of time.
I'm not trying to sound like I'm "scolding" or being preachy about this med, it's a good medication. Just know that it can be abused and what the consequences of abuse are.
I've a friend that has taken the same dose of Tramadol for years and she has not had one single problem with it, Tramadol can certainly help acute OR chronic pain.
Best wishes to you,

MacIntosh12 5 Oct 2013

I beg pardon, my second sentence is incorrect! I meant that Tramadol "may be addictive" not "it IS very addictive", big difference!

masso 5 Oct 2013

Great contribution as always!

MacIntosh12 6 Oct 2013

I thank you A! free discount card

Further Information

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions