Is Tramadol an anticholinergic medication?

kaismama 27 Jan 2015

It has some anticholinergic side effects but its not an anticholinergic drug.

ccgaran 27 Jan 2015

What kind of side effects? I take Tramadol to suppress "sensory Neuropathic Cough" and it works amazingly. I've been taking it (50mgs) almost a year and lately I notice that I've been sleeping much more (10-12 hours a night) and I'm having very short term memory lapses. Could these symptoms be a side effect since anticholinergic drugs have lately been proven to effect such side effects. Thank you.

ccgaran 27 Jan 2015

What kind of side effects? I take Tramadol to suppress "sensory Neuropathic Cough" and it works amazingly. I've been taking it (50mgs) almost a year and lately I notice that I've been sleeping much more (10-12 hours a night) and I'm having very short term memory lapses. I have a 4oz glass of wine before dinner and about 2-3oz during dinner. Could these symptoms be a side effect since anticholinergic drugs have lately been proven to effect such side effects. Thank you.

ccgaran 27 Jan 2015