I've be on 50mg tramadol since 2009. It started out as a way to control my period cramps. Then I took it a couple of times and noticed I felt on top of the world! So my nieve college self decided to take it everyday even if I wasn't in pain bc I felt great!! I wasn't high, I just had a lot of energy and was really happy, even more then usual.
Now almost 7 years later, I have a amazing husband and little boy, and I'm so depressed bc I know I have a problem. I'll take about 4 50 mg per day to feel "normal"
I was the "good girl" and no one knows what I'm battling. I hate this I hate felling like this. I hate depending on This medicine!!! I hate making dr. Appt and lying to the dr. About back pain that doesn't exist just to get my tramadol!!! I'm so ashamed and embarrassed!! I'm so scared of withdrawing!! I'm a stay at home mom and my son takes 100% of my time and on top of it my husband is in the army. I feel like I can never get past this,,, I like the way tramadol makes me feel... Will I ever be normal again?
Is there a way out? I'm absolutely terrified. I've been on it for so long, I don't know how to live without it, help please. I don't want anyone to know. I'm trying to tapper to 2 50mg per day. And then 1 but I'm still having withdrawals and I feel like crap. I never want anyone else to go through this.
Someone help. I just want to be a good mama and wife and help people. God bless.

-mama bear