Tramadol 50 mg what Teir is this type of medication?

Factfinder411 12 Sep 2013

Depends on the state nj doesn't consider it a naractic

tj_1159 12 Sep 2013

Either dose Pa. not a narcotic.

kaismama 12 Sep 2013

How did you understand what she was asking? There are only 2 states that have made it a controlled drug.

DzooBaby 12 Sep 2013

More than that now!

DzooBaby 12 Sep 2013

What do you mean by Tier? If you are speaking in terms of drug coverage copayments, it varies from plan to plan's formulary. If you are asking if it is a controlled substance, it varies, from state to state right now. Some consider it a Schedule IV. This is what I found dated as of March 2013:
Tramadol is not listed as a federally controlled drug, but its class status changes from state to state. Arkansas, Tennessee, Illinois, New Mexico, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Wyoming, Mississippi, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and the US military also classify Tramadol as a schedule IV controlled substance. Other states might follow suite in the future considering Tramadol habit-forming properties. The suggested maximum dosage per day is 400mg via oral admission, and 600mg via parenteral admission.

DzooBaby 12 Sep 2013

New York State also has it a Schedule IV.

DzooBaby 12 Sep 2013

As of May so does Utah so it is probably going to become a fedrally controlled substance soon as more and more states list it as a C-IV

Delila 13 Sep 2013

In the UK, it is just a standard POM, not scheduled