Topamax - Have you had success with a dose of 300 mg a day monotherarapy for seizure control?

ShanMan72 29 Oct 2013

I was started on topamax for migraines... turned me into a easily angered and short fused animal...

gmindyg1 24 Apr 2015

YES! I have had success with 300 mg of Topamax a day ONLY. I suddenly became Epileptic about 5 years ago ( I am 57 yrs old now) and my neurologist put me on Topamax because I also suffer from migraines. He thought they would also help with those... oddly, it hasn't touched my headaches!
I can tell you, it has kept my seizures totally under control, but I DO have the problem of not being able to sweat! This is a problem for me while I am in menopause and also during the summer as I can over heat very easily. As long as I have access to air conditioning I'm good! :) I do have some annoying side effects, but like I said, my seizures are under control, so I deal with them.