Topamax - Does it take a while for this medication to work?

chuck1957 19 Oct 2017

Dhutchens520; yes you are right this is why they start it out low and slowly increase it. Just so you know you can take it with or without food. And it can work different time wise for different people. As you know it very common to use this for epilepsy but a headache is very common now. Good luck hope this works out for you. Chuck1957 the information at drugs. Com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.

chuck1957 19 Oct 2017

Dhutch; by the way sounds like you should notice between a week and ten days or call your doctor and ask. Never increase by your self. Feel free to write back if anything else come up.

Asherz89 6 Dec 2017

Do you live in Florida by chance? I have migraines , at least twice a week. I have been to an optometrist thinking it was my eyes. I have been to urgent care (lack of insurance and not having a PCP) and they just wanted to send me for a CT scan. I need relief, it’s effecting my job and I am missing too much work and my household is suffering financially. I need to find a doctor who understands and has treated this before. Any help is appreciated.