Skip to Content

Took 1 coumadin 2.5mg by accident. do I need to see a dr?

Responses (2)

suzanne66 12 Jun 2011

You should call your doctor and explain what has happened. There are a few overdose symptoms you should be aware of.

The most important effect of a warfarin (coumadin) overdose is bleeding. This can include obvious bleeding (such as vomiting of blood, nosebleeds, or bright red blood in the stool) or bleeding that is less obvious (such as internal bleeding).

The antidote for a warfarin overdose is vitamin K, which can be given in tablet or injectable form.

customer2326 7 Jul 2011

Don't worry about it. 2.5 is nothing to someone who's blood is normal. You will be back to normal blood thickness by tomorrow. Just don't take anymore without a Dr's prescription.

Drugs.com free discount card

Further Information

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions