I thought I had toothache for many weeks and finally visited a dentist last Monday. X-rays showed no major problems except missing enamel due to hard brushing. The very next day the pain in the left side of my face started and it was the most excruciating pain I have ever had. Went to A&E but the doctor asked me to take ibrufan and sent me home. The next morning with the pain getting worse I saw my own GP and he told me I had Trigeminal Neuralgia and prescribed Amitripyline (spelling?). Seven days on and the pain is still there constantly with only short periods of relief! Not sure if the medicine is working or not.
Can you lovely people recommend what I need to do next as this pain has basically brought my life to a standstill as it varies from being painful to absolutely excruciating. There is virtually no relief! I am type II diabetic but the diabetes is very well managed. Just last month my HBA1C was 41 which is apparently very good. I do not have any other long term illnesses.
All help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.