My issue started around the age of 12. I woke up one morning with horrible brain fog (I felt like I was in the twilight zone). By the time I woke up the following morning it was gone. Around 6 to 8 months later, I was battling a nasty cold and stayed home from school (due to me being too sick). I remember I was standing around having a conversation with my mom when all of a sudden, the fatigue and brain fog hit me like a ton of bricks. I immediately had to lay down and rest (the feeling was so horrible, all I wanted to do was cry). Well fast forward 18 years and the brain fog/fatigue has not gone away. I've seen countless doctors about the issue but because my blood tests come back (generally) normal, they all seem to diagnose me with depression. I can rest assured, 100% say I'm not depressed. I love my life and am incredibly grateful for everything I have and that I've accomplished. I've had the same symptoms these past 18 years, which include brain fog, fatigue, (some months are so bad, getting out of bed seems impossible, even the simplest of tasks feel like the biggest burden), always cold/intolerance to cold weather, hair thinning and brittle hair, low libido, recently tingling of the toes (not often, only about 2 - 3 times a month), memory loss, unclear thinking. I went through a stage when I'd bruise easily (at one point I had 13 bruises on one leg alone), and a year ago I was getting a horrible burning/stabbing sensation in my lower calf that lasted about 4 months and would appear out of nowhere. It hasn't happened in a while but I don't know if it's worth mentioning. My father's side has a history of type 1 diabetes as well as hypothyroidism (again on my father's side). 70% of my aunts and cousins on my father's side have thyroid issues.
I'm at a loss of causes as to why I have this constant brain fog and fatigue. I can't seem to get any answers and am just hoping for some sort of answer or something to look into as to what's causing this.