Thyroid - Im using thyroxine medicine,can I pregnent?plz help me?

kaismama 6 Dec 2012

Sure you can, you're just replacing the hormone you should have yourself.

endlessPred 6 Dec 2012

I suggest you see your gynecologist and endocrinologist so that you have the information you need prior to a pregnancy.

HeadStarter 6 Dec 2012

Hello pa9khudi and welcome to DC. Beings this isn't some sort of birth control pill... of course you can get pregnant. If you are unsure and believe you might be pregnant then taking this medication will have no bearing or any ill effect on your pregnancy. If you were on a birth control pill before taking this new thyroid medication... then you should still be taking that, too. If you stopped taking your birth control pill thinking that your thyroid medication was also some form of BC then you should go get a pregnancy test done.

I wish you well and I wish you peace.

DO NOT STOP TAKING YOUR THYROID MEDICATION and DO NOT STOP YOUR BC METHOD UNLESS EXPLICITLY TOLD TO DO SO BY YOUR DOCTOR AND INSTRUCTED TO USE ANOTHER FORM OF CONTRACEPTION.

Mary