This atarax was give for my sister for sleep! Does it really help people that has insomia?

Marvell 31 Dec 2010

Atarax can be used for sedation ... so it can be used to treat insomnia.

Atarax reduces activity in the central nervous system. It also acts as an antihistamine that reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing and runny nose, or hives on the skin.

Atarax is used as a sedative to treat anxiety and tension. It is also used together with other medications given for anesthesia. Hydroxyzine may also be used to control nausea and vomiting.

Atarax is also used to treat allergic skin reactions such as hives or contact dermatitis.

https://www.drugs.com/atarax.html

Sacosam 1 Jan 2011

Hi Marvell; First & foremost , a happy , happy , happy new year to you ! ! I could not even dare to try and figure out how many people you have helped during this year... 2010. one thing I would ask of you , by way of a New Years Resolution(Sp?)... Would you try to be a bit more "wordy", open up... have a bit o' fun. It ain't that serious kid ! there's a LOT of people out here [most of whom you have helped at one time or another] , who would love to say "Marvell , is there something we can do for you ? Being a loner in this big massive world, can really suck ,at times... Right? I know... "Been There , Done That"... One more time... "Happy New Year" Sacosam (:->)

Marvell 1 Jan 2011

Thank you Sacosam ... I must say that your comment has made me smile. I am actually a jovial person but I try to keep my answers brief ... so that I can answer more questions in the limited time I usually have. Happy New Year to you and everyone reading this as well. I truely wish this coming year is better than the last one.

Regards to everyone.

Marvell