[Not the only reason but a big part]I am thinking about getting weight loss surgery.
One fear is, I have been in recovery from bulimarexia&anorexia for over seven years symptoms free. I WAS content with my body until, I was put on medicine that made me gain 70lb in 3wks. I now, have some body image issues from the previous medicine I have been on. This has caused massive amount of panic; not wanting to be seen in public places,be around my friends or family, I also stopped doing what I love most... is kayaking, camping, being near water- because, I don't want to wear summer clothes+ can't afford to buy new special clothes for these things... My confidence has gone done. I already deal with pain all the time. I accepted my body and myself as it was the first 5-6 year's in recovery I worked went to school. The past few years it has been harder than the year before to do what I needed to... Now, on SSI. I want to be able to get back to where I was. Move forward. I don't know anyone in recovery who has gotten surgery... my Dr. Will approve if i moved forward...
Also, I am on medications... I don't know how this works. Has anyone who had weight loss surgery been on meds? Did you need to stop them prior to surgery... any experience with meds-and/or ED would be a great help thanks in advance for any assistance!