I have been on Paxil for 3 months now at 20mg and have had major improvement in my anxiety (no more panic attacks!) The only thing is I still feel "out of it" a lot of and Its kind of like I just don't care about anything. The best way I can describe it is that I feel like I am on auto pilot almost constantly. I tried upping the dose to 30mg but I had really bad short term memory problems so I went back to my original dose. My doc gave me the option of switching meds but I am scared that I will fall back into that state of constant panic during that transition and cant decide. Multiple friends have suggested lexepro as it has helped them so I have been considering that.
I have also been doing emdr and cbt which seem to be helping as well.
My question pretty much is: Has anyone changed anxiety meds after they saw improvement but due to the side effects you had to switch?

Any answers help, every time I post on here and get other peoples opinions and stories it makes me feel much better.

Thanks