Generally it is not recommended, however have been able to find some information:
Only few classes of antibiotics should be avoided when drinking alcohol.
It is crucial to completely avoid drinking when taking the following antibiotics:
• Metronidazole – the side-effects include flushing, breathlessness, headache, increased or irregular heart rate, low blood pressure, nausea and vomiting.
• Tinidazole is chemically similar to metronidazole and may cause the same reaction
• Furazolidone (Furoxone),
• Griseofulvin (Grisactin),
• Antimalarial Quinacrine (Atabrine)…hope this helps?
- Flagyl ER Information for Consumers
- Flagyl ER Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Flagyl ER (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 2 Dec 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 22 Oct 2011 • 3 answers
Posted 3 Jun 2013 • 4 answers
Posted 20 Oct 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 19 Oct 2017 • 0 answers