I had been taking Tetracycline on and off for many years as an acne treatment. Very recently after taking a single dose I had what seemed like an an allergic reaction. Side effects included hives, high blood pressure, skin irritation. I found this very odd and I recalled the container of pills had gotten wet inside. Is it possible that exposure to water made the pills toxic or is it more likely that after years of taking Tetracycline I developed a severe allergy to it?
What is the expiration date on the container? Tetracycline is one of the drugs that gets toxic if old. It could change character if it got wet, since medications need to be kept dry. I would check in with the pharmacy on that. It is possible that you have developed an allergy with taking it periodically like that.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 29 Jun 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 17 Jul 2010 • 1 answer
Side Effect - Has anyone ever had severe reactions (allergic) to metro-gel, (used in treating b.v.)?
Posted 15 Apr 2012 • 1 answer
If anyone has used Metanyx, did you have an allergic reaction to your face or neck similar to hives?
Posted 27 Aug 2012 • 1 answer
Posted 21 Apr 2014 • 1 answer