Is temazepam 7.5mg safe to take for sleep problems if you use a CPAP machine for sleep apnea?

kaismama 22 Mar 2014

Probably safer then someone not on the cpap. As long as the dr who prescribed it knows you use a cpap for apnea and he prescribed it, you'll be ok.

Pragmaticbeliever 24 May 2018

First of all discuss this with your doctor. I had no problems taking something to help me sleep since the CPAP kept my airway open. But all sleep meds have capacity to supress slightly your drive to breathe. So discuss your concerns with your doctor. If you have no other issues taking the lowest effective dose should be relatively safe. I later switched to otc liquid Melatonin, take 0.75mg 20 minutes before bedtime. But if you take an antidepressant that could cause dangerous interaction. So definitely talk to your doctor. Maybe he'll recommend half dose, increasing till you are able to sleep, & keep there. I eventually was able to sleep most of the time, & use Melatonin only occasionally.(don't take the 3 mg tablets... that wakes you up for using for jet lag)Your Doctor will give you safe treatment.