Tegretol - what can you take for sleep while taking tegratol xr 400?

Marvell 25 Apr 2013

it is best to discuss this with your doctor. The link below has a list of medicines that have potential interaction with Tegretol. Apart from the ones on the list you could take any other ... but your doctor would know more about which one is most appropriate for you.

https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/carbamazepine,tegretol-xr.html

cvallerie 25 Apr 2013

I agree with the answer above. I have had insomnia all my life and the only (perscription) sleep med's I have ever taken are Zoloft and Trazodone. Zoloft is the only one that worked for me and I'm taking the max. Mixing sleep meds with anticonvulsants (or any other drugs) can be very dangerous so check with your doctor first.

Delila 26 Apr 2013

Are you looking for a long term or short term cure? If it's long term then i definitely agree with Marvel. Short term you could take OTC medications such as Melatonin. Obviously your doctor is the best port of call though.