Can Tamiflu and Ibuprofen be taken at the same time?

sparkmom 19 Jan 2015

When my son had the flu the dr. said that was fine. I didn't give it ti him unless the fever was high. We believe a fever is the bidies way of fighting off the virus. Hope this helps.

David Toar 19 Jan 2015

Thank you sparkMom I appreciate it

LyndzAvi 19 Aug 2017

You can take other medicines, such as Ibuprofen (Motrin) or Acetaminophen (Tylenol), along with Tamiflu. It is a general rule that as long as the active ingredients in the medications do not match, meaning they do not have any of the same active chemical ingredients listed on the bottle or box, they are safe to take together as needed to relieve a high fever or other symptoms.
A tip from emergency room Physicians and Nurses; For children who have a high fever over 102, it is best to rotate giving the child Motrin and Tylenol for faster relief of fever and other symptoms. Make sure to not exceed the time limit between doses unless otherwise instructed by your child's Pediatrian.
If you are still having reservations about taking another medication along with Tamiflu, please contact your primary care physician so they can put your mind at ease and answer any in depth questions about your specific condition.