Been taking OxyContin 60 mg 3x per day but have to find less expensive equivalent?

kaismama 19 Apr 2015

All there is is the brand, there is no generic. The manufacturer holds the patent on it. All the extended release narcotics are expensive.

Lisa01 20 Apr 2015

You might check with your pharmacy about Kadian or MS Contin (which is Morphine). It's still expensive, but it's usually at least a little less expensive than the oxycontin.

Your Neighbor 10 Jun 2015

Hello, I'm currently going through the same situation. There is a company called Actavis that makes the generic equivalent to Oxycontin. At my pharmacy today, Walmart, the cash price for Oxycontin 40mg tablets 120 count was $1283.00 and the oxycodone hcl er 40mg tablets count 120 was $648.00. They are basically the same medication and to the best of my knowledge Actavis is the only company that has an agreement with Purdue Pharmaceutical to offer the generic equivalent. Hopefully this will help you to find something more affordable. You can find this information at actavis.com good luck