Taking Chantix have a real bad cold and congestion.Can I take Nyquil?

masso 21 Jan 2017

What should I avoid while taking Chantix?

Do not drink large amounts alcohol while taking this medicine. Chantix can increase the effects of alcohol or change the way you react to it. Some people taking this medicine have become agitated, aggressive, or hostile while drinking alcohol. Until you know how this medicine affects you, drink less alcohol than you normally would.

Do not use other medicines to quit smoking, unless your doctor tells you to. Using Chantix while wearing a nicotine patch can cause unpleasant side effects.

This medicine may impair your thinking or reactions. You may also have mood or behavior changes when you quit smoking. Until you know how varenicline and the smoking cessation process are going to affect you, be careful if you drive or do anything that.

As you read Chantix interacts with alcohol, therefore I suggest you take Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Nighttime Relief (Alcohol Free).-

Do not forget to inform your Dr. on Monday, and I would also ask the advice of a Pharmacist before taking anything for your cold.